The first person to bring the dangers of household toxic mold to mainstream attention was Melinda Ballard, who received a court judgment of $32 million (including damages) against her insurance company in 2001. Melinda (a former PR executive), her husband and their young son all were made very sick by the mold in their luxurious mansion in Dripping Springs, Texas. The family’s story was featured in The New York Times in 2001 and on the CBS news program 48 Hours in 2002. Melinda Ballard died in 2013 at age 55, of causes that were not publicly disclosed.
You are here: / / Melinda Ballard